There has been a lack of blog posting lately.
This is mainly because I have finally got a decent amount of work to be getting on with, and while this means that I haven’t been getting out much (and therefore don’t have anything particularly interesting about which I might blog), I dare not complain. It’s worth being a bit boring for a while if it means I can repair some of the damage that the bank did.
I can, however, take five minutes to provide you with a post in bullet point form, summing up some of the events of the past few days.
– I am trying to find some cheap flights home from Switzerland for the two weeks in May that my housesitting duties will not be required. This is proving more difficult than I first thought, as Ryanair – king of the €6 flights – does not offer flights from Geneva, and getting by train to the nearest airports served by them would cost as much as paying for a standard Easyjet flight. Plus, the dates of the cheap flights would mean that I only got one week at home rather than two. So I looked at Easyjet, resolving to just pay a bit more, and discovered that their Geneva-London route does not seem to operate after April. Grr. Any suggestions or alternatives welcome!
– Last night, I made some garlic bread to go with dinner. I liked it so much that I made some more for a snack later on. I may have been a little over-enthusiastic with the garlic, as it is now silently choking me to death.
– I lost two hours of work today thanks to Open Office crashing and refusing to recover the piece I had almost completed. I was not a happy bunny.
– In an effort to get myself used to hearing French again, I have had the French music channel on constantly, and am slightly worried about the fact that I seem to have become so accustomed to Estonian that the French pronunciation of certain letters seems completely unnatural to me.
– As I walked to the shop for milk earlier, I was somewhat alarmed to run into a very large donut who was wandering around in the street. I do not know how to defend myself against a giant donut. Fortunately it just waved at me and I escaped unharmed.
That’ll have to do for now, as I have to go and rewrite the article that I lost. Grr, again. Apologies for the lack of great entertainment here of late, I know you must be feeling the loss. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible; in the meantime, here’s a video for you to watch, of my favourite song at the moment. Enjoy!