Travel, travel, travel (15)
1. Visit another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. Take an unplanned, spur-of-the-moment trip.
3. Visit Russia.
4. Throw tomatoes at La Tomatina.
5. Visit Area 51.
6. Visit Stonehenge.
7. See the Northern Lights.
8. Visit another continent (other than North America, Europe, and Asia).
9. Visit the birthplace or grave of a cultural icon.
10. Ride an elephant.
11. Do some more Couchsurfing.
12. Visit a ghost town.
13. Visit/travel in at least 10 countries. (1/10) (Ireland)
14. Take a road trip.
15. Get an Irish passport.
Take better care of myself (14)
16. Go hiking.
17. Buy a bicycle.
18. Fast for 3 days.
19. Stop smoking.
20. Lose 3 stone. (1/3)
21. Get a massage.
22. Complete the 30 Day Shred. (completed June 2013) 23. Make a budget. (done May 2013)
24. Complete a 200 sit-ups challenge.
25. Take a kick-boxing class.
26. Go to bed before midnight every night for a week.
27. Get up early and eat a healthy breakfast every day for a week.
28. Put £10 (or equivalent) into savings for every goal I check off my list.
29. Get laser eye surgery.
Keep learning, improving my general knowledge, and exercising my brain (16)
30. Get a new qualification. (in progress – CELTA, August 2013)
31. Watch at least 10 documentaries. (3/10) (TPB AFK, BBC’s Planet Earth, Jonestown)
32. Read at least 50 books. (6/50)
33. Take a cooking class.
34. Take an interesting online course just for fun.
35. See a play in a theatre. (January 2013)
36. Learn to identify all the countries on a map.
37. Choose 10 countries and watch a movie from each of them.
38. Learn to cook a meal from each of 5 different countries.
39. Visit at least 5 museums I haven’t been to before. (1/5) (Dublin Writers Museum)
40. Learn how to use 20 more commands/shortcuts/functions on my Macbook.
41. Ask friends to name one favourite music album they think I should listen to, and then listen to all the recommendations I get.
42. Ask friends to name one movie they think I need to watch, and then watch all the recommendations I get.
43. Become fluent in French (pass a high-level DELF exam).
44. Go to a photography exhibition. (May 2013)
45. Reach a basic conversational level in a third language.
Try new things (11)
46. Be a movie extra.
47. Participate in Geocaching.
48. Drive a motorcycle.
49. Perfect a magic trick.
50. Zip line.
51. Learn how to juggle.
52. Get a manicure.
53. See a Broadway show.
54. Do one of those ‘extreme’ things I’ve always wanted to do, like skydiving or a bungee jump.
55. Swim with dolphins.
56. Scuba dive.
Enjoy life (20)
57. Kiss at midnight on New Year’s Eve.
58. Take a picture for each letter of the alphabet.
59. Order the lobster.
60. Build a sandcastle.
61. Get up and go for a walk as the sun rises.
62. Assemble a list of my all-time favorite quotes.
63. Go down a water slide.
64. Eat at one of the world’s best restaurants.
65. Attend a music festival.
66. Memorise a favourite poem.
67. Document “A Day In My Life” in photos.
68. Buy myself flowers.
69. Take a moonlit walk on a beach.
70. Make playlists of songs for walking, relaxing, and parties.
71. Ride a rollercoaster.
72. Go to a market.
73. Make a snowman.
74. Go to at least 5 live music shows. (1/5) (Bruce Springsteen, July 2013)
75. Have a picnic.
76. Host a board games night.
Write more (8)
77. Answer the ‘50 questions that will free your mind‘.
78. Submit at least 10 articles for publication somewhere. (5/10)
79. Enter a writing contest.
80. Write a poem that I actually let others read.
81. Comment on 50 different blogs. (2/50)
82. Write a book in a month (NaNoWriMo).
83. Write a blog post every day for a month (Nabloplomo).
84. Take a magazine or travel writing course.
Be a better, nicer, more considerate person (11)
86. Help someone without being asked.
87. Don’t complain about anything for a week.
88. Write a letter to someone I admire.
89. Buy a meal for a homeless person.
90. Register and release 10 books through bookcrossing.com.
91. Send flowers anonymously to someone who needs cheering up.
92. Sponsor a child.
93. Give a sincere compliment every day for a month.
94. Write and mail a letter or card to someone in my family every week for 3 months.
95. Donate £10 (or equivalent) to charity for every uncompleted task on my list.
Do things that scare me (6)
96. Ask a guy out on a date.
97. Cook dinner for a group of friends. (done July 2013)
98. Say ‘no’ to 5 things I don’t want to do, but would normally agree to just to keep people happy.
99. Join a writing group despite my fear of embarrassment or criticism.
100. Speak in front of an audience.
101. Invite a complete stranger to go for dinner or coffee.